dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Schema TP5. ISSUE#1: Already applied transformations by the client

Trevor,

see below

>>2.1 the dereferencing would get DOC-1. Then the transformations that
>>the verifier would apply would lead him to a DOC-2 completely different!!
>>and 2.2 would, of course fail!.
>

>Hmm.  Right.  Could we avoid this by just saying that if you're sending a
>document for enveloping, you can't apply Transforms to it?

Just these few lines to comment that this would avoid the problem with
enveloped documents...
But I guess that with enveloping documents something similar could also
happen (the client should decide to send DOC-0 or DOC-1 -likely DOC-1-
and the server should build up the correct ds:Reference element....
Finally, concerning the documents referenced by an URI, the question still
would remain: which
document would be the one referenced by the URI, DOC-0 or DOC-1?
I would suggest to do what we agreed in the conf call, ie, a brief study of
the
different cases that can be possible so that we can see what must happen in
the
client and in the server side, and write the protocol doc. accordingly....

Regards

Juan Carlos.