dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] EU Directive versus ABA "digest signatures"

Hi Karel !

> ... which also means that my name under this email is a proper electronic
> signature.
Yes, if your name is a valid hash of your message and I can find it in a special database under a proper key ... that would convince me !

> Advanced Electronic Signatures and Qualified Signatures are what DSS is targeting, I guess ?
Of course they are in the focus, but a signing service should not be limited to it.

Despite having no experience with "digest signatures" it seems to be an intersting solution. As a tradeoff for the need of online access you need just ONE crypto algorithm ( the hash ) that weakens over time .. Timestamping is included ..  Archiving is in the concept right from the start ...

> So to include "digest signatures", you'll need some other motivation too.
I would need some other motivation to exlude "digest signatures" !

To design a good service interface that can stand the test of time is always a difficult task. I don't think it's a good approach to narrow its operational area just because one technique today is more common than another.

Greetings

Andreas
Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
Kostenlos downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110