dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] KeySelector/KeyInfo

> But I thought that was Rich' point which Frederick applauded:
 > that KeySelector could also be used as a way of conveying information
 > about the individual key. Did I misunderstand something?

I don't think so.  My point was that if you define KeySelector as a
container, and allow it to have a dsig:KeyInfo as one of the child types
-- perhaps the only child type -- currently defined.

Doing it this way allows future revisions (or private versions) to put
in other material as a KeySelector.  We won't have to change the schema;
it's future-proofing.  One could imagine, for example, using the XML
common biometric stuff to prove tell the DSS server which key to use.

In XML Schema:
     <xs:element name="KeySelector">
       <xs:complexType>
         <xs:choice>
           <xs:element ref="dsig:KeyInfo"/>
           <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
         </xs:choice>
       </xs:complexType>
     </xs:element>

--