dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Compound operation Verify & Sign

Ed,

I agree with your aim for flexibility and that this could be achieved by
additions of options and outputs.

However, I believe that because the basic semantics and structure of the
inputs/outputs of the verify and sign is different from the verify (or sign)
on its own.

With the verify and sign a signature exists in the inputs, and an updated
signature in the outputs, and because this the signature is both the primary
input and the primary out I believe that it should appear as part of the
basic structure rather than the options.  Also, I believe that it would make
the procedures for handling the signature clearer with a signature coming in
feeding into the verify and an updated signature coming out.

So like Trevor I believe verify and sign (update siganture??) operation
should appear at the primary level as is it effects the basic operation of
the server, not as part of the options.  I do not think that the addition of
time-stamps to a signature is the same thing.

Nick

kgroup.php
.