dss message

Subject: DSS Minutes Aug 23, 2004

DSS Conference call Minutes

Date:  Monday, 23 August 2004
Time:  12:00pm - 01:00pm Eastern Time
Minute Taker - Frederick Hirsch

Event Description:
Conf number: +353 1 247 5063
Password: 730192

New actions:
ACTION 04-08-23-1: [Nick/Trevor] Draft response for ANSI X9F4 time
stamping, with goal of convergence.
See agenda item #8

ACTION 04-08-23-2: [Nick] - will post reference to declared patent on
the TC IPR declaration page.
See agenda item #9

Agenda:
1 Welcome by chair (Nick Pope)

2. Confirm Minutes Secretary (Frederick Hirsch)
Confirmed.

3. Roll Call.

Hal Lockhart, BEA Systems
Pieter Kasselman, Betrusted
Krishna Yellepeddy, IBM
Trevor Perrin, Individual
Nick Pope, Individual
Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
David Finkelstein, RSA Security
Dimitri Andivahis, Surety

Only 8 present, 1 more needed for quorum.
No quorum achieved on call.

4. Approval of Agenda

5. Approval of Minutes of DSS TC conference call of 26 July 04

No issues raised regarding minutes, will carry vote forward to next
meeting.

6. Actions from meeting 26 July
(See below)

7. Discussion on profiles. Plans for progressing them to CDs.
- Asynchronous Profile
Andreas not on call. Uploaded new version. No comments yet.

- Code-signing
Uploaded PDF of last draft. No comments received. Still work to do.

- Policy wise server
Paul not on call. Nothing to report.

- XAdES
Nick - Juan Carlos working on more specific profile.
- EPM
Nick has sent comments. Ed not on call, nothing to report.

- German Signature Law
Andreas not on call. Uploaded new version. No comments yet.

- WSS
Nothing new to report, planning for second stage.

- Entity seal,
Nothing new to report.

- Judicial signing
Nothing new to report.

- Notarial
Nothing new to report.

- ebXML Registry profile
Nothing new to report.

8. ANSI X9F4 time stamping
  See http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200408/msg00008.html
  We should respond to this to see if these can be aligned.

Similar aims but different constructs. Draft subject to change,
opportunity for alignment.
Is an XML standard for banking.

ACTION 04-08-23-1: [Nick/Trevor] Draft response.

9. IPR Issues
-  New OASIS IPR rules

Nick - might want to release under existing rules the work done to date.
Frederick - supportive of this since people have been working under the
current policy.

Concern of need of speed of transition to new policy - clarification,
first the policy has to become official, then members have to sign new
membership agreements, then the TC has a lengthy transition period time
(draft has 9 months) to allow decision to switch to new policy. Thus
specifications that are close to standardization can go out under
existing policy.

Member comments on new IPR policy should be sent to
ipr-member-review@lists.oasis-open.org.

- Patent of possible significance to DSS
   See http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200408/msg00012.html

Nick - Forms submission system that goes through notary. No mention of
any signature being applied.

ACTION 04-08-23-2: [Nick] - will post reference to this patent on the TC
IPR declaration page.

10. Any other business

11. Confirm date of next conference call

Next call scheduled for Sept 6 (Labor day in US). Maintaining schedule
to avoid need to reschedule.

Close

Outstanding actions

> ACTION: 04-06-28-3: [Chairs/Editor] Determine Organizational member
Implementation Plans Ongoing.

Still ongoing, making some progress but nothing to report yet.

> Action 04-07-26-5: All: investigate implications of new rules on IPR
and post the information to the WG members.

Closed, will have discussion with agenda item #9

> Action 04-07-26-6: Ed to forward information to the list on patent he
identified as relevant to DSS.

Done, will discuss on call.

> Action 04-08-09-1: Juan Carlos and Ed to start a discussion about
incorporating the overlapping aspects into the core.

Ongoing. (Neither on call).

> Action 04-08-09-2: Nick and Carl to sketch the outline of a more
detailed document regarding the use of DSS with ebXML.

Ongoing.

> Action 04-08-09-3: Ed Shallow - to initiate separate discussion on
email list [regarding EPM proposal on passing a signature object for
time-stamping]

Ongoing. Ed not on call.

> Action 04-08-09-4: Nick to update the draft of the response email and
populate it to the list [regarding comment from Veiko Sinivee].

Completed.

> Action 04-08-09-5: Chairs to look at the transition process [to use of
new IPR rules].

Ongoing.

> Action 04-08-09-6: All look at this specification and consider how DSS
may wish to respond to X9.95 regarding alignment with the DSS timestamp.

On agenda.