dss message

Subject: FW: ANSI X9.95 & OASIS DSS

Response from ANSI X9.

Robert, will you be attending?  Could you provide a short email report of
the result?

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Stapleton [mailto:jeff.stapleton@innove-us.com]
Sent: 13 October 2004 03:05
To: 'Nick Pope'
Cc: Sandra Lambert; Paul F. Doyle; Steven W. Teppler; Ruven Schwartz;
Dimitri Andivahis; Joel Weise; Richard Sweeney; Clarence "Pud" Reaver;
Phil Griffin
Subject: RE: ANSI X9.95 & OASIS DSS

Nick,
Thanks for the fast turn around.  I looked over your recommendations,
and although we are at the moment somewhat incompatible, and do not
necessarily agree on certain aspects of the technology, this certainly
provides X9F4 with the proper information going forward.

The cross references you mentioned might be the better and easiest
option, as we are already in ballot stage and actually have enough
positive votes to satisfy X9 and ANSI ballot procedures.  Since Oasis
itself is not an ANSI accredited standard body per se, I'm not sure we
can have normative references; however we started adding a bibliography
years ago in our standard to be able to reference anything in the
normative body.

We're holding weekly calls, and are making good progress on getting the
comments resolved.  I will circulate your analysis and recommendations
to the working group, and add the topic to our agendas.  Thanks so much
for your efforts.  Would yourself or others (Entrust, perhaps?) be
interested in attending a call?  Innove is typically hosting the calls
with a standing conference number - but it is non-toll-free, so I'm not
sure what an overseas call would run you in pounds.  Let me know if and
when a representative from the DSS TC would be interested in
participating.  I could probably coordinate the agenda as early as next
week.  Our calls are usually at noon CT time, so I think that would be
18:00 GTM.

Jeff Stapleton
636-448-5775 mobile
Innove LLC  www.innove-us.com