dss message

Subject: RE: Public comment, namespace inheritance

Hi Konrad,

This is in reference to your comment here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200504/msg00012.html

I believe your following statement is correct, and is the way we should go:
"The specification must _at_least_ clearly define that the implementation has to apply appropriate messures to get rid of the namespace context for <XMLData> and <Signature> objects."

This is probably also true for certain optional inputs / outputs (e.g. KeySelector).  We'll need to review the spec in this light.

Is it sufficient to simply add normative text saying the above, or are more extensive changes needed?  Your comment discusses the need for a <dss:XMLSignature>, but I'm afraid I didn't understand that?

Trevor