dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Namespace inheritance, other approach

Sorry I did not explain myself, but similar to the "binding the content to
the rendering technique and artifacts" example provided by Rich, posting PI
lines also explicitly declares the rendering engine being used which a DSS
service can log and even bind cryptograhically, as part of the transport
binding, or better as is illustrated in a vendor-neutral way in Rich's
excellent example.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Shallow [mailto:ed.shallow@rogers.com]
Sent: May 19, 2005 10:44 AM
To: 'Rich Salz'; 'Trevor Perrin'
Cc: dss@lists.oasis-open.org

Here is a snip of sample PI with the vendor obscured.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?acme-AcmeSignerSolution PIVersion="1.0.0.0" solutionVersion="1.0.0.1"

name="urn:schemas-Acme-com:office:AcmeSigner:oob:TravelRequest:1033"
             productVersion="11.0.6357" ?> <?acme-application
progid="AcmeSigner.Document"?>

Ed