dss message

Subject: RE: [dss]: A first quick Shot at section 4.4 and section 4.6.1

Minor suggestions on wording, otherwise OK

I suggest " .... KeyInfoNotProvided - The required key information was not
supplied ....."

> urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:resultminor:inappropriate:signature - The
> signature or its contents are not appropriate in the current context.
> For example, the signature may be associated with a signature policy and
> semantics which the DSS server considers unsatisfactory.
>
> Further values for <ResultMinor> associated with <ResultMajor> code
> urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:resultmajor:ResponderError are left open to
> the implementor to be implemented with in their namespaces.

> The following <ResultMinor> values is suggest MAY be returned when the
> <ResultMajor> code is ResponderError.
>
> urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:resultminor:ResponderException - The
> processing of your request caused an exceptional state. Further
> Information should be given in the result message instructing the user
> to provide information to the relevant administrator.
> > Tommy: It should remains subject to discussion if and how
> > indeterminable failures on the server side shall be reported to the
> > client, as this causes a leakage of information about vulnerability.
> > Konrad: Some sort of response will have to be given, and giving no
> > response is also a response.

I am not quite clear what is mean by "exceptional state" can you give some
examples.

Or do you mean "......GeneralError - The processing of the request failed
due to some an error not covered by the existing error codes. Further
details should be given ...."

> urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:resultminor:invalid:KeyLookupFailed -
> Unsuccessful lookup for key in directory of a key server (for validate)
> or some crypto device for signature.

The spec should not be specific on how keys are obtained or held.  Suggest:
"....... KeyLookupFailed - Failed to locate the identified key (e.g. look up
failed in directory or not in local key file)."