dss message

Subject: Next revision of Core

Stefan,

There are a number of issues where there has been discussion on the Core
where I believe that we have now reach resolution.  Can you update the Core
to reflect these resolutions as follows.  Can those identified below help
out Stefan with any further details that you think he needs ASAP and answer
any question that he may ask:

a) Time-stamping

I believe that this has been adressed by the changes that you have already
made.  This is awaiting final confirmation from Ed.  Konrad has confirmed
that this is acceptable.  Juan Carlos is expected to do the same shortly .

b) ResultMajor/ResultMinor Values, Handling, and Manifest Verification

I believe that this is addressed by the changes outlined in the email from
Konrad with the minor updates by me.

See:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/email/archives/200602/msg00
014.html

Any questions contact Konrad or me (Note I am taking a few days hols until
Wednesday next week).

c) Comment on InlineXML Issues
Konrad & co has proposed some changes (see message copied to you from Konrad
on Wednesday 8th).  However, they are still working on details.  Juan Carlos
should get you the final text by Monday.

d) optional InputDocuments in VerifyRequest

Tommy sent out a message with two proposals.  One was that "The
<InputDocuments> element could be pushed back down to <SignRequest> and
<VerifyRequest>".  The second was
"keeping <dss:InputDocuments> optional in RequestBaseType and add normative
text to section 3.1 to REQUIRE its presence in the case of a <SignRequest>:"

This was discussed at the meeting and it was agreed to go for the second.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/email/archives/200601/msg00
042.html

Any questions contact Tommy.

Thanks to everyone for their efforts.