dss message

Subject: FW: Question about the definition of "Member Organization"

In other words, Associate members are NOT permitted to certify that they
are successfully using the specification for the purposes of submitting
the specification for vote as an OASIS Standard.

This fulfills my action item # 06-06-26-06.

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott McGrath [mailto:scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 12:50 PM
To: Hal Lockhart
Cc: nickpope@secstan.com; cruellas@ac.upc.es; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org;
'James Bryce Clark'

Associates are a subset of Individual member, which is in the non-voting
class as described by the bylaws, Article 12, Section 1.

When other documents reference organizational members or member
organizations, they reference the voting class of member, which is
currently
defined as are those who hold one of the Contributor or Sponsor member
categories.

Scott McGrath
Director of Member Services

Tel +1 978-667-5115 x202