dss message

Subject: ballot on RAND mode

Hi all,

I entered the conf call yesterday with the intent not to hamper the TC
if it comes to balloting for RAND. But after hearing all your opinions,
talking to my colleagues and doing a long dog walk I came to the
conclusion that it's not a good way for DSS to go on under a RAND
policy. Many other TC made transitions to RF. So any interested party
looking at DSS on RAND will have the immediate 'beware, lawyers ahead !'
impulse and will shy away from our spec. Paired with an rating of
'that's not hard to re-invent' many potential users may start to tinker
something on their own. So the work of this TC may cause the complete
opposite effect of what we intended !

I don't want to spoil the party but I don't want to support wrapping the
spec with barb wire. I'll vote 'NO' for RAND.

Greetings

Andreas

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable
Kirchröder Str. 70e
30625 Hannover
Germany
www.trustable.de

Kostenlose Verifikation qualifizierter elektronischer Signaturen:
www.sig-check.de