ebcore-cppa message

Subject: Associated Documents

On 2/8/2010 2:19 AM, Pim van der Eijk wrote:
> 2)  We looked at Cristiano's input.  Pete and Dale think
> that the current schema can accomodate his need, as there is
> an extensibility option to add attributes.  This could be
> used for adding references to XSDs and other documents, like
> Schematron definitions.  They will prepare some input for
> next meeting.

I've not yet had a chance to collaborate with Dale on this item, but
here are some notes to begin the discussion.

The only extension point currently existing within SimplePart is an
##any attribute of the NamespaceSupported element.  This doesn't seem
to meet the requirement, as the "associated" reference is meant to
enhance understanding of the business document, not (necessarily) its
schema.  Thus, it should appear at the peer level to
NamespaceSupported, as Christiano's example
(SimplePart/NamespaceAssociate/@location) suggests.

I also reviewed Packaging/Constituent, and found no extension points
that would allow associated documents to be linked with SimpleParts
referenced from within that structure.

However we decide to accommodate this, we should also note the
security implications of "links" to external documents, and recommend
that References to them be included in the CPP & CPA Signatures.

See original request at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebcore/200909/msg00007.html

And for reference, the current SimplePart pseudoschema expanded here:

<SimplePart
	<!-- from attributeGroup PackageGroup -->
	id=xsd:ID
	mimetype=tns:non-empty-string
	mimeparameters=tns:non-empty-string?

	<!-- from SimplePartType -->
	xlink:role

	<tns:NamespaceSupported
		<!-- from NamespaceSupportedType -->
		location=xsd:anyURI
		version=tns:non-empty-string
		<!-- from DocExchangeModuleStringType -->
		...[namespace="##any" processContents="lax"]?
	/>*
</SimplePart>

--Pete