Subject: Fwd: Editors Action Item

The draft I mentioned in yesterday's call.

Hamid's paper serves as a good opening to address what I see as a convergence and opportunity. As I said in yesterday's call there has been an evolution on the business side that tracks the technical evolution that Hamid described so well. More recent efforts to standardize and quantify business processes have included Reengineering and Six Sigma. SOA cuts across both tech and business process.

As I see it our challenge is to convey the scope, scale and provide the means to achieve implementation. That is define the concept and translate it into solutions that can be adapted to be operational. My hope is that the spec will also serve as a communications/education doc to all the constituencies.

Anyway, something to chew on.
Sally

--- Begin Message ---
Matt

Attached is a first write of the paragraph on the audience for the specification. Would you take a look at it, revise and add.

I was looking at it to go in the Introduction at the end of line 72 before the paragraph on standards

Just a comment--I would hope we can have some discussion so we can see where people are before we start writing the spec. Which is why I suggested using the white paper as a basis for discussion. I think we need to build some concensus and I suspect we are a long way from that.
Sally

SOAaudience.doc

--- End Message ---