Subject: SOA Design Patterns - Inventory of Work to Date (This TC, Industry, etc.)

All,

I realize that with the most recent discussions, this is probably the worst time to ask a question - so I apologize for my bad timing.

I am beginning an initiative in which I will help create SOA design patterns and best practices for Booz Allen, and I'm in the process of inventorying the work that has been done to date in the area of design patterns (I'm tackling that first). I've compiled a list below, and would like to ask: is there anything glaring that folks see missing? My intent is to hit "big-ticket" items, with the understanding that additional Google searches will yield many assorted articles, blog entries, etc. Please keep in mind that I'm vendor-neutral in my position, so to me every vendor/resource is fair game.

I also forsee the strong possibility of donating the work that I do to this TC (or its future form), as well as leveraging what has already been done within the TC/what will be done in the future.

Here's my list so far:

(1) The work that this TC has begun, and will continue in the future (in whatever form)

(2) "Web Services Integration Patterns, Part X" - the XML.com articles by Massimiliano Bigatti

(3) IBM's SOA Patterns

(4) Middleware Research's SOA Blueprints: http://www.middlewareresearch.com/soa-blueprints/

(5) Various books that have been mentioned on this listserv - ex: the Gang-of-Four (Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides) Design Patterns: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201633612/soapsimpleobject/

(6) CBDi Forum's patterns (Booz Allen is now a CBDi subscriber at my request, so I now have access to these)

(7) Microsoft's work: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmaj/html/aj2mpsoarch.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmaj/html/messagingsoa.asp

Anything missing?

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World