Subject: Of distributed exchanges, registry and ebMS

Folks,

Related to our recent discuss around role of registry - the
subject of multi-hop exchanges.

I see role for Registry enabling these across a network
of ebMS servers.

There are several use patterns that ebMS currently supports
when you look at something like Hermes:

1) Inbound messages to ebMS server routed to internal
    application systems via data handler and matching
    ebMS envelope service/action to CPA and backend
    internal ports to on-deliver transactions.
    Validation can occur on frontend using jCAM integration.
    Backend routing is transparent to external partners.

2) Service provider model - where ebMS of service provider
    receives messages from service subscribers - probably
    using a client application that the provider built.  Provider
    then onward delivers these messages from the inbound
    queue - changes the delivery address to the real
    receipient (such as a government agency) - and then
    outbounds the messages - the agency sees the return
    address to the client service.

Now the interesting part - given that in an ebSOA you could
have a whole network of ebMS - and have different bandwidth
paths - could the registry work like the current P2P systems -
say with Hermes being used with say BitTorrent - where
large binary attachments could use several routing paths
to actually reach a receipient?  This would definately be
a significant feature.

Circling back around on this - what support does ebMS
have currently in the envelope for multi-hop exchanges?

Can be look in ebSOA to enhance this to cover this
extended use of registry as a traffic direction service?

This I believe is much more net-centric approach than
what we have so far.  Does ebMS v3 point in this
direction already?

Thanks, DW