Subject: BPSS executability and where it ends

Hi,

I'm yet another one to agree on the executability of BPSS, meaning that BPSS-instance should contain enough information to be deployable without excessive configuration-phase.

What comes to the definitions of process/transaction binding to back-end systems, it's getting quite case/implementation/technology dependant.

During the first teleconference, I mentioned having done something with BPSS and agents (one kind of approach to execution).
Here's a link: http://www.kanetti.fi/~juslem/docs/Bridging%20the%20gap.pdf

My point is, that there are several ways in practice to produce the runtime for the BPSS (as expressed already here on the list), so clarification to the boundaries of executability is something I'm eager to see agreed upon. How I see it, BPSS is deployable configuration describing one side of the organizations public process and specifications that are defining the binding to back-end systems should be considered/recommended but not anchored.

Cheers,
Jussi

Jussi Lemmetty
Product Manager