Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 11/6/2003: Defintions for Discussion - Comments Please

Monica,

I'd also like to add some business-centric terms here:

1) Process Action : familar business statement of purpose for a set of steps
that result in a descreet part of an overall collaboration being
accomplished.  e.g. Confirm Parts Availability; Place Order Details; Confirm
Shipment Details.

2) Process Step : component part of a Process Action expressed as a single
step that constitutes a binary interaction with deterministic inputs, roles,
outcomes and outputs.

3) Role : business purpose or service of a participant.

The aim here is to have a vocabulary that business users can understand, and
to have equivalence to the technical IT terms.  e.g. instead of asking
someone to complete the choreography and orchestrations for the business
collaboration - we can say simply - the industry workflow for this task, or
the WalMart workflow for this task.

I'm just offering up some strawman items here - to foster thoughts in this
area and then hopefully we can agree to formal usage terms as we are
formalizing the equivalent IT terms.

Thanks, DW.