Subject: [ebBP] 11/6/2003: Role Reversal for Business Collaborations

Everyone,
In our starting list of issues 3 November, I indicated I would quantify
and work with the CPP/A negotiation team on some requirements they
uncovered (thus far) in their development of a draft negotiation
specification. Note, that the CPA negotiation process includes the BPSS
process description.

Here is what they found on the issues of ROLE REVERSAL:

    * Different role names were put in different business transactions
      because of  duplicative names (for parties in a business
      collaboration). For example, for a final document as final part of
      the negotiation - there could be multiple requests applied to a
      final transaction. This cannot be handled currently in BPSS.
    * The same applies for why the CPA negotiation was defined using two
      binary collaborations. The initiator and receiver can reverse
      during the collaboration (for offers and counter offers). There
      was no way to represent the state transition in the BPSS in its
      current form. Different transactions were used to make it clear
      who initiated the counter offer process.

Hima or Marty, if you wish to give a brief summary of the interaction
for the example, please do so.

I would encourage some discussion on this.