Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Internet Relay Chat (IRC) mini howto

Sacha Schlegel wrote:

>Hi contributors
>
>Probably Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is nothing new for you. Among
>mailinglists, phone conferences, face to face meetings, groupware tools,
>IRC is just another communication medium.
>
>It is very interactive and very easy to chat away. I assume you are all
>very busy in your daily life and probably dont need another
>communication medium. If used wiesly, IRC can be helpful.
>
>One project I follow (http://www.gnuenetprise.org) on the freenode IRC
>network uses IRC as their main way of communication. There are about
>average 10 guys, from around the world, logged on. The #debian (from the
>www.debian.org Debain GNU/Linux project) channel is packed with more
>than hundred users and there is chatter 24/365. Very good for a quick
>"how do i do that" or "why is this not working" sort of questions.
>
>Some projects have fixed times when they meet on IRC, similar to the
>weekly phone conferences.

mm1: Thanks, Sacha. We really appreciate this input.  Bernd Eckenfels on
Monday also suggested using a browser based IRC server that can also be
set up to use clients. So the team can solidify their preference next
week. Given your busy thesis schedule, we very much appreciate your
suggestion and assistance here. Great work! ;-)