Subject: [Fwd: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 11/13/2003: Starting List of Categories toScope ebBP 2.0]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 11/13/2003: Starting List of Categories to
Scope ebBP 2.0
Date: 	Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:21:41 -0700
From: 	Monica J. Martin <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
To: 	ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org

Folks,
We are starting to compile a good list of work items and technical
concepts that are important to the specification and our community.
I've compiled an initial starting short list of key potential areas of
interest that may assist us in bounding our scope, discussions and
resolution of work items. They are not in any particular order or priority.

   * Relationship of and to web services - business process space
     exclusively and overall in general
   * Business partner and roles: Authorized roles, role reversal,
     interchangeability of roles based on business rules or business
     agreements (precursor to UBAC [Universal Business Agreements and
     Contracts])
   * Support for business entities, states, and object flows
   * Extend the concept of business transaction and business
     transaction protocol
   * Multi-party collaboration
   * Composition
   * Business rules
   * Control flow
   * Technology specific improvements
   * Compatibility and technical boundaries
   * Other: Relationship to other standards, visibility, usability, etc.

Note if requested, I can provide a more decomposed list that is
inclusive of the Work Item list and our discussions (and previous
findings) to the team.