Subject: RE: [Fwd: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 11/13/2003: Starting List of CategoriestoScope ebBP 2.0]

OK, then I think this is more interesting than I initially realized. I
will cc the list to express my opinion, and possibly be corrected. Sorry
for dropping off early.

Monica explained:

"You have a partner that is a
specification (like a partner type loosely speaking) and when business
rules or agreements (and their parameters) may be applied to it, you
have a partner instance (in the modeling sense)."

By adding this partner instance, BPSS adds new "things" to its component
model, namely it adds:

An object of (serving as a placeholder (bound variable) for) a partner
type, with UBAC properties if desired. (Several bound variables of a
type may, of course, exist. I assume that we never "coalesce" these
variables (assert their identity) as we move through the process.)

Association of these objects with Roles, where a change in the
association from one binary collaboration to another may model/describe
role reversal etc. (These Roles are the same old things renamed
AuthorizedRoles. I still think we fix the semantics of Role to always be
such that "buyer" and "seller" are examples thereof.)

Thus the variable of type PartnerType (which is really what will be
bound to the PartyId(s) of the CPA) can be used to find all the roles
assumed by a given player in a full choreography.

I hope this is a correct interpretation because I think it a significant
improvement in clarity, and also is in better alignment with lower
levels. And BPSS will certainly now easily handle the reversal use case
as well as indefinite variations. CPPA will need to add some textual
changes to explain the improved alignment but I suspect the TC would
welcome these.

Dale Moberg