Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] WSDL-based vs ebXML -based specification of B2B protocols

Jean-Jacques,

Interesting - but there is a huge "gotcha".  Gerhard
is not aware of the OASIS CAM work.

When you add CAM into the mix - it completely
changes all the metrics and comparisons he
is making.  Suddenly most all of the restrictions
and segregations in his diagrams go way when
you use CAM with WSDL/XSD and CAM with
CPA/BPSS/CCTS.

I know we have a major task in 2004 in doing
education and outreach on how CAM is a key
element in providing information interoperability
beyond the simple mechanisms in XSD alone.

Duane has just been discussing a thread on
registry list on the new architecture model for
ebXML that has evolved since V1.04 - and
clearly Gerhards work highlights the critical
need to get the new updated ebXML model
documented and available.

We will be addressing that early in Q1 - in the
meantime there are presentations and
samples that Gerhard can reference at:

 http://cam.swiki.net

Thanks, DW.