Subject: Groups - Weekly ebBP Teleconference Call modified

Weekly ebBP Teleconference Call has been modified by Monica Martin (monica.martin@sun.com).

Date:  Monday, 09 February 2004
Time:  12:00pm - 01:00pm Pacific Time

Event Description:
866 882 3998
International 865 525 0769
9081038

12 noon PST
1 p.m. MST
3 p.m. EST
8 p.m. BST
9 p.m. CET
4 a.m. Taipei, Perth Tuesday
5 a.m. Tokyo, Tuesday
7 a.m. Sydney, Tuesday

Agenda:
Tentative agenda:
1. Approval of minutes for 26 January and 2 February 2004.
2. Outbrief of F2F events.
3. Versioning, Nagahashi proposal 2 February 2004, Nagahashi.
4. Other business.

Minutes:
ebBP TC 2 February 2004

Present:
Abrell
Dodds
Dubray
Kulvantunyou
Moberg
St. Amand
Swenson
Tell
Martin

Excused:
In training: Krishnan

Agenda:
1. Review and approval of meeting minutes 26 Jan 2004.

Any questions; any objections? None.
Martin: We did not achieve quorum today so any formal vote on the minutes will be deferred to the F2F or next meeting.

2. Finalize any questions/logistics on F2F after Kavi vote close.
(Closed 30 Jan 2004).

F2F:
9 voting members voted in favor of the F2F summary agenda of 13 votes total received. No negative votes received from any voting participant.

Martin: Any questions or concerns? None raised.

Ref: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/ballot.php?id=335&vr=1&ew=

OASIS Symposium:
Vote was as follows:
4 - Formal F2F; informal with other TCs
3 - Informal F2F; informal with other TCs
2 - Informal F2F; formal with other TCs
1 each - Formal F2F; formal with other TCs
         Not conduct a F2F, conduct formal with other TCs

St. Amand: May be able to determin availability to attend closer to the meeting.
Martin: OASIS requirements and restrictions may apply.
Suggest we notify OASIS and ask if we can meet informally; can't define now.
Moberg: Do we intend to meet with WS-CAF?
Martin: Could indicate interest to meet informally.
Moberg: Ask ebMS for 3.0 as well; use of WS-CAF. Identify specific points of discussion and contact WS-CAF. Provide to ebBP and then to WS-CAF and ebMS.
Martin: Talk about coordination for multi-party collaboration?
Dubray: Yes, this is important and fills out some details for ebXML.
Moberg: Context may also be an influence.
Dubray: Agree. May be able to revisit ebXML architecture as well for binary collaboration. Currently, binary collaboration doesn't require support for third-party infrastructure.
Moberg: Will send some specific points for discussion with other
TCs to the list and include link to the WS-CAF primer.

WS-CAF web site:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-caf/

WS-CAF primer: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-caf/download.php/4343/WS-CAF%20Primer.pdf

Dubray: Conference number?
Martin: Same as weekly calls: 866 882 3998, international 865 525 0769, passcode 9081038

3. Versioning, Work Item 7 Nagahashi
Nagahashi not present.

Martin: Sent some potential requirements sent to the list.

Ref: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00013.html

NOTE LATER AFTER MEETING POST BY NAGAHASHI: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00015.html

Martin: What about JC conversation on versioning?

Moberg: JC has developed a draft matrix for versioning, compatibility and dependencies for specifications and schemas.
This is under JC review. The goal is to provide a systematic way to document interaction, dependencies and versions. This task was to be done previously by the Joint Coordination Committee (JCC), which was disbanded fall 2003. A BPSS issue exists for the version of the instance; can't be done by namespace. Connect our effort and that of JC.
In BPSS, we need to support specification, schema and internal version of the internal document specification. How do we do this?
Dubray: More work is required.
Martin: This could relate to the current package element in BPSS. Can we support multiple versions of the same schema, such same instance version across different specifications?
Dubray: Need version revision mechanism to specify an industry specification. The industry may choose to take the latest revision.
Tell: If you change BPSS version, are the semantics maintained?
Dubray: Correct. As a matter of convention, as things evolve, people are recommended to use the revision mechanism appropriately.
Moberg: Looking at a concrete use case - two tools support different schema versions and they want to use the same business process.
Dubray: I didn't understand this question. If there is a BPSS difference, we have to express the collaboration support very specifically. For documents, we should provide some flexibility.
Martin: May wish to look for later function at the work in the Netherlands on BP pattern matching. Will post Netherlands work - BP matching algorithm.
Moberg: Tool vendors are interested in a pragmatic approach.
Moberg will post requirements to the list.

Ref: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200311/msg00130.html
Report directly: http://www.tno.nl/instit/fel/ts/exp/e-business.html

4. Late binding and timeToPerform, Work Item 55, Abrell.

See summary from Lars Abrell: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00000.html
Abrell: Discussed lifecycle of BPSS instances in four stages. Included other variables:
a. Value range - Possibility to define in the specification
I am not sure Dubray supported this option.
Dubray: I do fully support value range.

Abrell:
b. Applicability - What elements can be changed at different stages?
c. Change control - If it can be changed, when and with what constraints?

Tell: I presented to the list one of my ideas, related to time duration. He suggested to resolve in the model. Try to extend the metamodel first.

Ref: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00007.html (Use concepts from CCTS)
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00004.html (Time duration)

Tell: You can use inheritance to extend the metamodel. In the future, we could consider extending by restrictions.
Abrell: That would be interesting to consider.
Tell: We could apply some of the thinking behind Core Components.
Abrell: Telisonera has done that - meta-specification is defined. We would like to constrain that instance, when we make different CPA doing that.
Martin: Does this apply to BPSS or CPPA scope?
Abrell: We are not using full capability of the process with some partners, because of some agreements.
Moberg: Want to look at the options before addressing it from a CPPA perspective (errata in April 2004 anticipated).
Martin: What boundaries are needed? Are these four categories sufficient?
Tell: Yes. Putting context in CPPA could apply to extend/restrict the BPSS at the model not the document level.
Moberg: Has an item to allow extension of localization language, currency contexts for example. Would these be other than the context categories in Core Components?
Tell: You have roles and collaboration for context. Looking at the CBPC, you can categorize business processes at the business or business process areas.
Moberg: Would like to see CBPC work.
Martin: Post on the list or ebBP document site.
Tell: Have a method to organize business processes for industry associations and derive business process context.
Martin: Keep it simple. Are these generic categories sufficient?
Abrell: Yes.
Tell: Can give more detailed options within these four categories.
Martin: Can we change/when? If we have four categories, which can be changed?
Abrell: We should not allow expansion; allow constraint.
Tell: On constraint, the other problem is what happens when you go outside BPSS when you should have done within
BPSS. The instance doesn't reflect the real-world events.
Abrell: Can you modify the BPSS instance in real-time?
Tell: Yes, that is the question. Post guaranteed delivery or time to perform. Apply a changed BPSS transaction. Need acceptance.
Martin: BT has a similar use case.
Moberg: What happens with a fax? Tell's case is ad hoc which is more dynamic by BT, which is part of the process. There is broad application on how to enter an agreement.

**Requirement: More extensibility to communication processes.**

Use case on Revocation of Offer by Anders Tell

Ref: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00005.html

Tell: This is related to the contract formation process. When you send an offer, there is the definition of revocation. You can revoke an offer before a seller accepts. Need a flag to make a business transaction revocable. May require an additional signal.
This could be an extension of commercial business transaction.
Abrell: Telisonera has seen this circumstance.
Moberg: This is discussed with RosettaNet: PO change and cancel (PIP) [message as opposed to a signal].
Tell: Involves mini-contract formation with one business transaction.
Can do in business transaction or in a binary collaboration.
Martin: Continue discussion on the list and in F2F.

RSD tool by JJ Dubray
Dubray had to leave.
Martin: Dubray will post summary to the list for comment and we can begin to use the capabilities. The small tag structure allows us to dynamically attach the conversation to work items, convert to XML and use XSLT for HTML viewing.

ACTIONS:
MARTIN: Contact OASIS about timing for room reservations for informal/formal meetings at OASIS symposium.
DONE - EMAIL TO SCHUR 2 FEBRUARY 2004.
DUBRAY: Post summary on RSD tool. Action item opened for closure 13 February 2004. MARTIN-OPENED ACTION ITEM.
MOBERG: Post discussion items for meeting with other TCs for ebBP at OASIS symposium.
Action item opened for closure 13 February 2004. MARTIN-OPENED ACTION ITEM.
MARTIN: Provide more information on CBPC; post latest white paper.
DONE - EMAIL SEND TO CBPC 2 February 2004; POSTED TWO ITEMS (WEB SERVICES DRAFT WHITE PAPER AND XML 2003 EUROPE PRESENTATION

Adjourn: First Abrell; Second St. Amand.
Adjourned just at 2 p.m. MST 2 February 2004

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 12 January 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 19 January 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 26 January 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 02 February 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 16 February 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 23 February 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 01 March 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 08 March 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 15 March 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 22 March 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 29 March 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 05 April 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 12 April 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 19 April 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 26 April 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 03 May 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 10 May 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 17 May 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 24 May 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 31 May 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 07 June 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 14 June 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 21 June 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 28 June 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 05 July 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 12 July 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 19 July 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 26 July 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 02 August 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 09 August 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 16 August 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 23 August 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 30 August 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 06 September 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 13 September 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 20 September 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 27 September 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 04 October 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 11 October 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 18 October 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 25 October 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 01 November 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 08 November 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time
Monday, 15 November 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Pacific Time

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/event.php?event_id=3541

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.