Subject: Comments from ne of the discussions today

Proposals that comes out of discussion of Workitem 23.

How do we Identify a document?

The 1.01 schema has the specificationLocation and specificationID and a ConditionExpression which allows for both a reference to a 'schema' describing the document and a simple method for any BPSS engine to identify the document.

The 'schema' is not necessarily an XML schema but any mechanism that can be used to describe the contents of the business document.  This is to be used by any validation engine that deployments wish to use.

I propose that we add an extra optinal parameter called specificationType that would be used to indicate what type of specification the document is expressed in, e.g. XSD, RNG, CAM or any other useful tool.  This is optional because I think that a BPSS should be able to refer to a document as a logical item with no 'specification..' information until a later binding is applied.

Looking at the schema the specification... attributes are not marked as anything so I am assuming optional and therefore the above is possible.

Can we make Attachments mandatory for a transaction?

I propose that we add a flag indicating that an attachment is required.

Martin