Subject: Attached Proposal Details for Context Mechanism for BPSS V2.0

Team,

JJ just reminded me that I forgot to post this already!

See attached.

This is more of an internal ideas document and
brainstorming.

For the formal Technical Note - there's a format
already that OASIS uses - and the plan is to
migrate the spec' details over into that.

Actually I'm seeing that most of this is solid,
the only piece that is fuzzy is the Use Case #5 -
and John Yunker floated this Friday - so there's
still some questions there on how signals occur
that need to be thought thru.

To summarize again - idea is to have a Content
Mechanism that is a separate XML instance - that
is linked to by the BPSS - and is available to
allow setting and using of context variables
and conditions, to solve the 5 use cases we've
identified (see doc' for details).

Since its simply XML this context mechanism can
be read in and used by any component that is
associated with the BPSS, or the BPSS engine
itself.

By writing this as a technical note - we can parallel
deliver this without having to include this directly
into the V2.0 specification - and implementers can
choose to provide the context mechanism or not.

Thanks, DW.

OASIS-BPSS-Specifications-Context-Management Feb05.doc