Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Proposal for dynamic context for BPSS

Martin,

Excellent.

Thanks for the clarification.

DW.

p.s. I'm coopting you to the review team for the
      technical note document!

----- Original Message -----
From: <martin.me.roberts@bt.com>
To: <david@drrw.info>; <ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: <monica.martin@sun.com>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:08 AM

David,
I think we are arguing the same thing.  I feel that the 2.0 spec
does not need to directly reference the tech note you propose in order
for it to be a useful specification.

I fee that a tech note published in parallel to the main specs
of BPSS, CPP/A and CAM would greatly enhance all of their efforst
without requiring them to directly refernce them in the spec at this
stage.

This approach is definitely not a do nothing, but a reference
nothing approach as I feel that while the detail is going on in the spec
for 2.0 the hooks for the context will becme more understodd and we will
end up with a greater understanding without diverting the current spec.

There are other items that fall into this category - for example
: how do you provide extensions for the XML BPSS, etc.  The hooks may be
in the schemas in the 2,0 specs but not documented.  Does this prevent
their use?  I think not and therefore having the context piece reference
the specs and not the other way round builds a good loose coupling and
prevents us getting too bogged down in this potentially sticky area.

BTW, I support the approach of a context descriptor.

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BT Exact
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com