Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] WSDL / BPSS proposal

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>You write that a OperationActivity is different from BT/BTA, since it
>looks very similar to RequestResponseTransaction could you elaborate on
>the reasons why ?
>JJ>I responded to that in an ealier email (direction cannot be inverted
>like a BT in two different BTAs with opposite roles)
>
>secondly how does OperationActivity handle semantics and obligations
>related to dispatch, reach?
>
>JJ>What do mean with dispatch and reach?

As defined by UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Commerce with Guide to
Enactment (1996), with additional article 5 /bis/ as adopted in 1998
Article 15 and others.
<http://www.uncitral.org/english/texts/electcom/ml-ecomm.htm>

Basically these legal conventions and other electronic act points out
the importance of separating sending and receiving of data messages. The
"legal effect" may be defined at 6 point
1 Request.dispatch
2 Request.reach
3 Responce.dispatch
4 Responce.reach
5-6 Who has the risk when a data message has been dispatched and when it
has reached is also relevant.

All above considerations affects a BT outcome. It appears that
specifying protocol error or method invocation exeception is not enough
in an eCommerce environment.

/Anders

/anders

--