Subject: Moberg 2/22/2004: [RSD] CPPA-ebMS Mappings for BPSS Work Item #28

Discussion|Oasis.ebBP.ebCPPA ebMS mappings;
Topic|ebCPPA version 2.0 texts pertaining to ebBP and supported mappings
to ebMS;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00169.html;
Point|Clarification on use of BPSS by CPPA;

mm1@
Dale can you answer Martin's questions below? We can then start to work
on what text needs to be in the specification to meet Work Item #28.
Perhaps we can do the diffs between what exists and what should be
re-evaluated. Thanks.

Dale,
    I am puzzled by this on three fronts (is that alround?):
    1) we have BPSS with multiple BinaryCollaborations and had always
assumed the Service was the name of the BinaryConversations and not the
UUID.  For example the same transaction could be implemented by main BTA
in multiple BinaryCollabs.  How do you know which one you are addressing?

    2) I could not work out from the text of the message below what the
Action actually pointed to.  If this is the BTA name this would mean
that the BTA name would have to be unique across all BinaryCollabs
within a BPSS?  I did not think this was the case.

    3) ActionContext is also something that I do not clearly see what in
the BPSS implements this?

    In my simple mind the CPP/A needs to point at four things for each
BPPS:
    1) the ProcessSpecification [uuid]
    2) the BinaryCollab that implements a BusinesTransactionActivity
    3) the BusinessTransactionActivty so you could amend its details TTP
    4) the underlying BusinessTransaction that is used by the BTA so you
can change its criteria.
    ( of course there is the roles )

    The reason for the Four levels is a partner may not implement all of
the Binary Collabs specified in a BPSS and so you need to be able to
know which BC they are allowed to use.  3 and 4 are just to enable the
properties to be amended.  ( I presume the CPP/A allows this? )

    For messaging under the control of a BPSS you need the following:
    1) The processSpecification [uuid]
    2) The BinaryCollaboration - that represents a description of the
conversation that should/could take place
    3) the BTA that is being invoked.

    The reason for all three is these are all needed to uniquely
identify the BTA that is being invoked.  I am concerned that this is not
currently supported and therefore our BPSS spec would have to make BTA
names unique across all BinaryCollaborations in a BPSS.  This to me in
not acceptable as a you may choose to use one BPSS to escribe two very
similar but different processes where the BTA occurs in more than one BC.
@mm1