Subject: [ebBP] Roberts 2/23/2004: Pattern Properties WI 22 [RSD]

Discussion: OASIS.ebBP.WI22-Transaction Pattern Support;
Topic|;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00229.html;

Point|Differentiation between Request-Confirm and Request-Response;

mm1@
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00229.html
||Includes these gifs: <<bta_pr2.gif>> <<bta_pr1.gif>>*

Martin,
If you look at R10 Chapter 9 Patterns, the key difference between
Request-Response and Request-Confirmation may explain although I agree
what is in ebBP should be clear and traceable:

    * Similarities:
          o Both do not allow the use of Acceptance Acknowledgement.
          o Both see non-repudiation as optional.
    * Differences:
          o Request-Response: Does not make specific mention to a
            Receipt Acknowledgement.
          o Request-Confirmation:
                + Allows explicitly for a Receipt Acknowledgement.
                + Can be used for business contracts.
                + Example given: A request for authorization to sell
                  certain product and an expected confirmation response
                  to request to confirm requester is authorized or not
                  to sell the products. [Infers some level of business
                  semantic missing in Request-Response]

Actually this points out that the tables may need redress to be
consistent with the defined business transaction patterns.
Martin, do you have specific suggestions?

Thanks.

@mm1