Subject: [ebBP] 3/14/2004: [RSD] Work Item 7 Versioning - Proposal for Vote

Discussion|OASIS.ebBPebBP.WI7-Versioning;
Topic|;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00250.html;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html;
Point|Summary for consideration and vote;

mm1@
I will be sending a series of emails to notify the group of pending Kavi
votes that will be initiated 15 March and conclude 22 March 2004. I
apologize for any delay as I had extremely limited access to email last
week while in Germany.  We discussed these items in our 8 March 2004
meeting. The first Work Item for summary closure is:

Versioning Work Item 7
BPSS schema and technical specification versioning: A need exists for
namespaces to be qualified - date, version.

Summary Resolution
To apply either a URN or URL based approach. A URL-based approach has
been pursued until
such time as we have a OASIS TC process / procedure that addresses.  The
approach should
support the OASIS TC process / procedure when available.

Current: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebBP/BPS/2.0-EarlyProposal
Posted Roberts draft schema:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html

Open Items
1. Redefinition and further guidance by OASIS TC process: Note - This
open item should not preclude us moving forward and will be addressed
when more information is forthcoming from OASIS.

Kenji/Martin R: If you have any updates from OASIS in this regard,
please advise. Thank you.
@mm1