Subject: [ebBP] 3/14/2004: WI 59-Additional Bus Trans Support and Signals [RSD]Proposal for Vote

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.WI59-Additional Business Transaction Support and
Signals;
Topic|;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00250.html;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00233.html;
Point|Summary for consideration and vote;

mm1@
The third Work Item for summary closure is:

Additional business transaction support and signals Work Item 59

    Note: There was not time to discuss this one explicitly 8 March
    although it was on the list provided 24 February 2004 and
    notification given in 8 March meeting about pending vote.

Work Item Summary
Need to be capable of dealing with Exceptions at any point in the
transaction, collaboration, and be able to discern how far you return to
what state. Need to be able to specify exceptions independent of the
messages sent.

Provide the capability to separately for the Requesting business
activity (ReqBA) express how to only be informed about receipt or
acceptance errors discovered by a trading partner; that no positive
signal is needed, when he did *not* discover any receipt or acceptance
errors.

Provide the capability to separately tell a trading partner that we want
to be informed, by a negative signal when he discovers any errors
because we think that is something different from telling our trading
partner that we want him to inform us, by a positive signal, if he did
*not* find any errors.

Relates to WI 31 (BSI and executability of BPSS), 60-62 (General
exception signals, and CPPA and signals) and 65 for signals, other
business transaction support.

Summary Resolve
a. Mirror structure used for logical business documents in ebBP by
providing explicit support for business signals.
b. Provide support for a general exception signal.
c. Provide guidance on if a signal is used and no reference was provided.

Roberts schema posted:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html

Open Items
v3.0: Determine if it is required to ask the other party why you did or
didn't receive a signal for contractual reasons. If a receipt is not
received, the electronic record is treated as unsent. Relates to trade
practices.

Hima, we need your express feedback here.

@mm1