Subject: [ebBP] 3/14/2004: WI 13 (v2.0 Only) and 28 Role Reversal and BusPartner Role [RSD] Proposal for Vote

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.WI13-28-Role Reversal and Business Partner Role;
Topic|;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00250.html;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00225.html;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00182.html;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html;
Point|Summary for consideration and vote;

mm1@
The sixth Work Item for summary closure is:

Work Item 28 Role Reversal or Changes

Work Item Summary
Address how roles reversing in a business collaboration affect our
syntax and the semantics behind it.
This could impact collaboration, and determine if could also affect BT/BTA.

Relates to WIs:
13 Business partner and business partner roles

Note: In www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00250.html, I
incorrectly labeled WI 28 as ebXML Mapping
to Technical Specification. ebXML Specification mapping is related to WI
4 and 41. This closure relates to WI 13
(v2.0 only) and WI 28 not 13-25-26 as originally cited. Please forgive
the errors on my part and I trust this
did not create too much confusion.

Summary Resolve
a. Recommend closure of WI 13 (Business partner and business partner
role - v2.0 items only) with WI 28 via this resolution.
b. Provide the capability to support performs that allows role binding
for binary and multi-party collaboration.
c. Provide clarification of AuthorizedRole.
d. Provide capability to associate external roles.

Tell suggestion:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00182.html
Roberts schema:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html

Open Items
v3.0: Additional support for business partner and business partner role
(WI 13).

Dale, Martin is asking for your explicit comment. In the 8 March 2004
review, he indicated you may have had some questions
on the role solution he proposed:
a. Add layer of roles outside of the Collaboration. Laying the
foundation for multi-party collaboration.
b. There are external roles that you would associate - distributor or
retailer, bound to buyer or seller.
The binding occurs between the two. The collaboration activity creates
an issue here. Binding calling
roles with the roles being called. Need to be able to change roles. Do
we say the called or calling routine did mapping?

**I will withhold setting up the vote until I get the go-ahead from you
Dale and Martin Roberts.**

@mm1