Subject: WSDL Proposal

Discussion|WSDL Proposal;
Topic|;
Point|Summary;
JJD@
I would like to re-iterate my firm belief that a WSDL operation is not
like a business transaction. It really does not work the same way:
a) at design time (via the BT/BTA mechanism) and semantically.
b) semantically: it just happens that a BT can be configured to operate
without signals, but in that case, it really has nothing to see with
Business or Transaction for that matter. The intent of BPSS is to choose
which signals are meaningful for a particular BT, but not to remove all
of them altogether.

I understand why Anders and John are suggesting what they are
suggesting, this is a logical design, and this is what I would normally
vote for. However, I am afraid that we will bring confusion to both WSDL
and BPSS by calling a Business Transaction an operation, because in
essence it is not as I said in b)

I would like to clarify the proposal to take into account Dale's remark.
The way the proposal was defined does not reference any WSDL fine in the
BPSS definition. Only abstract interface and operation names are
referenced in the BPSS. The actual WSDL fine link will be in the CPP.
That way we don't have to make assumption on its modular design. The BSI
will look for the interface and operation name in the WSDL file and bind
it to that port.

Of course there is now a bit of pressure in the CPPA team to come up
with an asymmetric mechanism to establish the CPPA in the BSI that is
ebXML capable and read maybe the other party's WSDL in a UDDI
repository. Don't ask me how this would work, I have no idea.

The current proposal works for both inbound or outbound operations.
@JJD

Point|Proposal;
JJD@
||The proposal has not changed, only the meaning of interface and name
<Process>
  <OperationDefinition
     name="xs:NCName"
     guid="xs:anyURi" >