Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Roles - an Explanation

How about the case where you have a collaborationActivity between
Buyer and Seller. In this case there are only two "External Roles".
Your note talks about requiring 3 external roles for the usage
of collaboration activity.

Few  questions about the schema submitted

a) CollaborationActivity has roles as child elements. Collaboration pointed
to by
collaborationId has roles to which define the roles relevant for
the collaboration. What is the relationship between these two.

b) It would be helpful to have an example instance to base the comments
on. I apologize if there is one already based on the latest schema.

c) There are some requirements for contents of signals like RefToMessageId
which have to be present to map the signal with messages to which it's
being
sent. How do we enforce this requirement for interoperability purposes.

d) I may be missing this, but how do I map between the fact that
acknowledgment
is requested and the particular type of acknowledgment signal to be used.

Hopefully after spending some more time and with an example, I'll
have more questions.

thanks
hima

             <martin.me.robert
             s@bt.com>
             03/29/2004 08:32          <ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                                   Subject
                                       [ebxml-bp] Roles - an Explanation

Every binary collaboration has two roles.  This level of role is use to
indicate the relationship between the parties and the transactions

ExternalRole are used to map 'real' roles to thoe used by the Binary
Collaborations.  This is done by saying that an External Role performs a BC
role.

When a Binary collaboration calls another BinaryCollaboration using
CollaborationActivity the BinaryCollaration Roles are mapped to the new
BinaryCollaboration roles.

An Example:

3 top level BC
        HandleOrder  Roles: Buyer and Seller
        QueryOrder: Buyer and Seller
        CreditCheck: Customer and CreditService

External Roles

        Retailer
        Wholesaler
        CreditAgency

External Role Mappings
        Retailer performs Buyer
        Wholesaler performs Seller and Customer
        CreditAgency performs CreditService

HandleOrder invokes CreditCheck via a CollaborationActivity
        Role Mapping
                Seller performs Customer
                CreditAgency* perform CreditService

* : Notice use of External Role within the CollaborationActivity.

In order for this to work there would have to be at least three parties
bound to the three roles involved.  This may be new but I believe is
needed.

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BT Exact
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com
tel: +44(0) 1473 609785  clickdial
fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
Intranet Site :http://twiki.btlabs.bt.co.uk/twiki
pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3RE,
UK

      British Telecommunications plc
      Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
      Registered in England no. 1800000
      This electronic message contains information from British
      Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
      information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
      entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
      that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
      this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
      message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the
      numbers or address above) immediately.