Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Diagrams of UML15, 2.0 metamodel ofstatemachine

Anders,

The resolution is not the issue!  We need something describing
what all these little boxes and arrows are describing!!

If I open up a Swiss watch and look at all the gears, and
then use a more powerful magnifying glass - I am still none
the wiser...

However - the PPT Monica posted on UML 2.0 gives
more insights.

My suspicion is that the State Machine is a sub-set of the
BCM linking and switching choice point mechanism.
Most particularly - without context, and ability to use
agent decision engines.  Since everything has to be little
boxes with arrows - its hard to denote adaptive decision
processes... but that's OK, that's why we have BPSS V2 -
and ability to tie in non-UML parts.

Would be nice to have a technical note on how UML
state machine fits with BCM choice points and can be
used to denote aspects of the BCM need.

In summary - if you treat the UML state machine as a
blackbox - what behaviours and mechanism does it
exhibit / expose?

Thanks, DW

Thanks, DW.