Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] Tell 5/26/2004: Effective Use of Business Event Mechanisms

Monica,

I agree with Dale - to fully implement this requires a service.

That service has already been fully specified in OASIS BCM
as the Linking and Switching mechanism for choice points,
Appendix B of the BCM specification.

I have already stated that this needs to be considered for
V3.0 BPSS - and I see this also as a vital piece of ebSOA.
I suggest we defer this to V3 and jointly develop this
between BCM, ebSOA and BPSS then.

As with other aspects here - we need to limit the amount
of V2.0 feature creep - when we know that in V3 we will
provide a fully enabled solution.

My sense is - we have more than enough in V2 now - and
we need to ensure that the XSD for V2 works.

I now have a couple of critical issues in that area regarding
the <BinaryCollaboration> structure in V2 and its use.

The recursion there looks very wrong - and the flow
support needs to be clarified.

Can we please resolve these first - so we know for sure
the core funtionality is working here.

Thanks, DW