Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Episodical memory requirement

HI Sacha,

Sacha Schlegel wrote:

>It should be obvious, that in a ebBP if you send a purchase order
>confirmation, that is based on the purchase order which happens in the
>same ebBP. I think ebXML messages (assuming that the ebXML messages have
>the same name as the payload documents) include references to the
>back from a purchase order confirmation (by the persistent/archiving
>ebXML BSI, ebXML Messaging Service Handler).

The questions that concerns me are....
What is the value of buying, from SME point of view, a very expensive
ebBP compliant system when it can't do more for you,  What is the value
from a business automation POV when you can't relate documents exchanges
to each other?
Whats the value of a ebBP system if you still have to code neccessary
and obvious business rules yourself and when at the same time its simple
to do all the coding by hand?
What is the time to market and lifetime cost for a small SME software
provider supporting traditional and relativly simple message exchange
scenarions? Should they buy a ebBP system+code neccessary business rules
OR implement, test, support a ebBP system+code neccessary business rules
OR implement the scenarios directly ? Most likelly the third option is
costeffective for a great number of software or business system
providers with requirement to support few scenarions.

thanks
/anders

--
/ Business Collaboration Toolsmiths /