Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] More questions on BPSS schema

Title: Message
Not that old argument again!

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BT Exact
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com
tel: +44(0) 1473 609785
clickdial
fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
Intranet Site :http://twiki.btlabs.bt.co.uk/twiki

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 20 July 2004 16:13
To: BPSS ebXML
Subject: [ebxml-bp] More questions on BPSS schema

Monica,

I noticed that MultiPartyCollaboration is no longer deprecated - but it
is now identical to BinaryCollaboration below the parent tag.

My suggest is (as previsouly posted) that we complete this approach
by simply having one - CollaborationModel and then have
CollaborationModel@type   with value of either Binary or MultiParty.

This will be cleaner - and complete where we had already got to
down this path.  Basically the only difference is the roles - in
binary there are only two and in multiparty there's more than two.

Here's another part to this - I actually found that even in the multiparty -
there always appears to be the two initiating roles - and that all the
other participants - I used the ExternalRoles part of the schema for.

This worked out better WRT the model - and just being able to
add participants in the external roles area - (as many as you need),
while the model of the multiparty collaboration stays the same.

You can see this with Matthew's marketplace example - where
potentially there are thousands of participants - but they all
perform the same basic model between two basic core
roles - buyer / seller, with support from other participant roles.

Thanks, DW