Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 7/21/2004: Guiding Principles

Monica,

I would add to this:

o Business-centric, allowing access to BPM technology for business users
o Supports context-driven approach - where generic business templates
   can be adapted using context parameters
o Layered approach - where BPSS is designed to manage process and
   provide facilitation details and context to components in layers
   below it and directed by linkage to business layer details above
o Transport neutral approach - does not mandate specific transport
    technology - instead defines characteristics and behaviours of transport
    layer.
o  Uses a deterministic approach - so each part of a BPSS is deterministic
    with known outcomes and results.
o  Payload abstraction - provides logical models of business exchanges
    that can be mapped to physical transaction instances and rules.
o  Extensible rules model - rather than tieing to a specific execution
engine
    and syntax - allows rules to be defined at a business knowledge layer
    that are then implemented as required by the implementation layer
    components.
o  Integrates into OASIS specification components such as ebMS, CPA,
    CAM, CCTS and others.
o  Uses XSD schema as the representation for XML instances derived
    from BPSS - but otherwise is not solely reliant on XML as the only
    means of implementation.
o  Designed to provide means to define business processes for a SOA
    and ebSOA deployment environment.

Thanks, DW