Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] State Alignment

Sally,

Ah yes - but - and its big "but" - in the world of BPSS and ebMS -
there is a thread ID in the envelope header so you know that the
Vit E does not go with the Vit A, but is starting a new transaction.

BTW - with BOGOs I always make sure I stack "like items" on
the check-out stand on top of each other.

Dare I say - case closed?  ; -)

A much more interesting store use case model is reverse
shoplifting - that I first learned from Jeff Duntemann of
PC Techniques fame - but that's another whole story...

Basically this is taking something into the store that
they do not sell - and then presenting it at the check out
and paying for it - (works best with magazines).  The fun
does not really start till their backend accounting
tries to reconcile receivables with payables and inventory...

DW
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 10:06 PM
Subject: [ebxml-bp] State Alignment

Hi all
Just an FYI

This morning I went out  to pick up the Sunday paper. And 2 coffees & a muffin. The super market sales for this week included vitamins --buy one get one free. I bought 2 multi-vitamins @ $5.29 and 2 vitamin E @ $6.49.

The stuff was rung up in this order: coffee1, coffee2, muffin, 1 multivitamin, 1 VitaminE, 1 multivitamin, 1 vitamin E, and a newspaper. The fine print of a buy-one get-one deal is that you pay the higher price and get the lower priced item free. So in this transaction I got credit for 2 $5.29 transactions, even though I bought two identical pairs. This transaction cost me $1.20 more than I expected.

The store I purchased this at has an internet channel (Pea Pod). Assuming they use the same checkout software, they have a state alignment problem. Unless they are willing to rely on human intervention.

I obviously had a problem which I addressed by going to the customer service counter. I will spare you the details. However a copy of my receipt is available for viewing, or I can provide the details.

I would suggest this is a real world approximation of Anders Purchase Order example.

No I did not point out that there was a state alignment issue to the guy behind the counter. My pointing out the physical evidence & the obvious inconsistency on the register receipt caused enough confusion.

Sally