Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 11/2/2004: Schema #4 - HasLegalIntent Attribute

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>We should make the default value for this attribute "false", to avoid
>errors.

mm1: OK. Any team inputs appreciated.

>Also, I don't think this is a BSI precondition thing below. It is rather
>a well formedness rule, i.e. this attribute can only be true if
>- reliable, tamper detectable, non repudiation, authenticated and
>authorized are true (note that authorized is implicit via CPA)

mm1: It is also a well-formedness rule. It is also an indication of
automated mechanisms in the BSI that can support it. No BSI precondition
is specified. What is said is:

....."This constraint could be used as a substantive and enforceable precondition on the BTA. The mechanisms in
the BSI that provide the capability to support this precondition"....

>I don't know what predictability is

mm1: I had a list that included this but can't locate it right now. OK
to delete.

>I don't think there is any need to relate confidential to
>hasLegalIntent, this is usually true but I don't understand why it MUST
>be true.

mm1: This is a key part of the capabilities inferred in an intentional
process. See UMM R10, Chapter 8 and the eCommerce Patterns. In the
former document, this relates to document integrity (to business
document and its properties). Relates to encryption and ensuring
unauthorized parties the capability to view. In the latter document, it
is related to enforceability and the business signal parameters.

Given some comments by Dale, I'll send a subsequent email as I don't
want to confuse the discussion (any more than it already is). Thanks.