Subject: ebBP 2/22/2005: Timing Parameters Section 4.8.1

I had raised a question today supplemental to our brief discussion on
timing parameters. Therefore, I'd appreciate some response on this
revised text to ensure we are as clear as practical. Comments welcome.

Section 4.8.1
Change from:
The total time allowed for a business transaction activity to complete
is therefore, timeToPerform plus the timeToAcknowledgeReceipt on the
response and the timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance on the response.

Change to:
The total time allowed for a business transaction activity to complete
is therefore, timeToPerform that is equal to or greater to the
timeToAcknowledgeReceipt and the timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance on the
response (given which are used). The timeToPerform for that BTA MUST be
greater than the sum of timeAcknowledgeReceipt and timeToAcknowledge
Acceptance and the request. The time to acknowledge receipt is the
duration from the time a business document in a Requesting Activity is
sent by a requesting partner until the time a verification of receipt is
properly received by by the requesting partner. The time to acknowledge
business acceptance of a requesting business document is the duration
from the time a requesting partner sends a business document until the
time an acknowledgement of acceptance is properly received by the
requesting partner. More timing parameters are also found in Section
4.11.3.7.