Subject: [Fwd: Additional Comments for wd 11]

Comments from Sally St. Amand on wd 10 for wd 11.

We now have the definitions for business message and business signal.
The comment re: GeneralExceptionType will be discussed today. Thanks Sally.
--- Begin Message ---
Monica
I know you want to get a version out today, sorry I am running up against the deadline.

GE
I think putting it as an attribute in each pattern will further confuse esp with the NOF. And to me that is illogical. GE is for unplanned, including it in a pattern gives it standing It will become a "goto" in reverse.

My suggestion is add wording in the schema:
- <xsd:complexType name="GeneralExceptionType">
- <xsd:annotation>
  <xsd:documentation>The type of a Business Action of general exception (exceptions other than Receipt and Acceptance Acknowledgement). Note, this type was added in v2.0. During an interaction, the general exception can be used when a party must trigger an exception because of an unforeseen event, for example, for a general communication failure. A signal is used for state alignment.</xsd:documentation

II did not include signal and message in the glossary because they were explicity covered in the specification. Given the continued discussion on their useage are these definitions suitable and should they be included?

Signal -- an element that mirrors the Business Document (where applicable); it is non substantive; it is intended to be used to insure state alignment.

Message -- the substance of the Business Document flow

Future versions of the specification should list you and JJ as co-editors.

Let me know if there are specific things I can do to help you advance this effort.
Sally
--- End Message ---