Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Re: ebBP 4/7/2005: Comment re:uuid (relates toVersioning comments) [wd11-schema 4/1]

Kenji Nagahashi wrote:

> Hi
> See below.
>
>> Regardless, the uuid is valuable for use in implementation. [end-add]
>
> How about being a bit formal and explicit here:
>
> Tools MAY use uuid attrbute value as unique reference to particular
> ebBP instance within a namespace of a repository.

mm1: This is a good suggestion. See later.

> BTW, I'm not fully sure if uuid attribute is really useful for
> reference. I suppose not...
> Only ProcessSpecification element has uuid attribute, that is, the
> value is exactly the same with the one repository assigned to ebBP
> instance. Tools can query the repository to find find particular ebBP
> instance, without looking into ebBP...
> (UML tools, such as Rational Rose put uuid on every modeling elements,
> to allow direct reference to it.)
>
> Just being curious about the usage.

mm1: Kenji, given we don't want to encourage/discourage use of uuid but
used appropriately. Perhaps we should say:

Change from:
Tools MAY use uuid attrbute value as unique reference to particular ebBP
instance within a namespace of a repository.

Change to:
In implementation, tools (such as modeling tools) MAY use the uuid
attribute value as a direct pointer to a particular ebBP instance within
a namespace of a repository.

See what you think. Thanks for the swift and valuable feedback. Regards.