Subject: [Fwd: ebBP call 10th may,recommendation add Schematron to DocumentSpec ificationType]

In Tuesday's call, we discussed UBL subset and other user community
requirements for other enumeration values for DocumentSpecificationType.
Our decision was to add Schematron as another default value to that
simpleType.

Current schema snippet for DocumentTypeSpecification:

    - <#> <xsd:simpleType name="*DocumentSpecificationType*">
    - <#> <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>The simpleType related to the enumerated list
    of specification types for the Specification element. Note: This
    simpleType was added in v2.0.</xsd:documentation>
      </xsd:annotation>
    - <#> <xsd:restriction base="*xsd:NMTOKEN*">
      <xsd:enumeration value="*schema*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*dtd*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*wsdl*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*relaxng*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*other*" />
      </xsd:restriction>
      </xsd:simpleType>

Proposed schema change:

    - <#> <xsd:simpleType name="*DocumentSpecificationType*">
    - <#> <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>The simpleType related to the enumerated list
    of specification types for the Specification element. Note: This
    simpleType was added in v2.0.</xsd:documentation>
      </xsd:annotation>
    - <#> <xsd:restriction base="*xsd:NMTOKEN*">
      <xsd:enumeration value="*schema*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*dtd*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*wsdl*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*relaxng*" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*schematron***" />
      <xsd:enumeration value="*other*" />
      </xsd:restriction>
      </xsd:simpleType>

In addition, we agreed to add some descriptive text regarding this in
the v2.0.1 draft.

Current technical specification for Section 3.4.6.2:

It is relevant to note that the ebBP technical specification focuses on
the logical business document not a wire format. Therefore, in
maintaining that abstraction, focuses on providing a
DocumentSpecificationType that points to more information about that
specification. This capability also may assist in providing a hint to a
system, while also allowing an application, middleware or a service, to
bound what it may be capable of processing. An ebBP implementation MAY
use DocumentSpecificationType element to point to implementation
specific details that it is capable of processing.

Proposed technical specificaiton change for Section 3.4.6.2:

It is relevant to note that the ebBP technical specification focuses on
the logical business document not a wire format. THE GOAL WAS TO KEEP
LOGICAL SEPARATION OF FUNCTIONS BETWEEN IMPLEMENTATION AND THE PROCESSES
DESCRIBED.  Therefore, in maintaining that abstraction, focuses on
providing a DocumentSpecificationType that points to more information
about that specification. This capability also may assist in providing a
hint to a system, while also allowing an application, middleware or a
service, to bound what it may be capable of processing. An ebBP
implementation MAY use DocumentSpecificationType element to point to
implementation specific details that it is capable of processing.

FOR EXAMPLE, SEVERAL USER COMMUNITIES ARE OR ANTICIPATE USING A SMALL
BUSINESS UBL SUBSET,  THE USE OF A HINT COULD ENABLE AN ITERATIVE STEP
TO AUTOMATE THEIR PROCESSES AND PROVIDE THE FLEXIBILITY FOR USE OF
CONTEXT OR SEMANTIC CONDITIONS UNDERSTOOD BY THOSE GROUPS. IN THIS
SCENARIO, THE USE OF 'OTHER' ENUMERATION VALUE FOR THE
DOCUMENTSPECIFICATIONTYPE ALLOWS THEM TO INTEGRATE A HUMAN DECISION INTO
THE PROCESS (ALERT).  THE MESSAGE EXCHANGE AT THE TRANSPORT LEVEL AND AS
DEFINED IN THE CPA, RESOLVE DOWN TO PHYSICAL BUSINESS DOCUMENTS.

IN ADDITION, BY USER COMMUNITY REQUEST, 'SCHEMATRON' HAS BEEN ADDED TO
ASSIST IN PROVIDING A POINTER TO VALIDATION CAPABILITIIES.

Section 5.1.2 (references), add:
Schematron, Specification under standardizatin in ISO (DSDL project,
www. dsdl.org), ISO/IEC 19757 - DSDL Document Schema Definition Language -
Part 3: Rule-based validation - Schematron,
http://xml.ascc.net/resource/schematron/schematron.html.