Subject: ebBP 1/16/2006: UBL SBS ebBP and CPPA Package

As requested last week in our TC call, I've sent an email to UBL chair
last week re: UBL SBS v1.0. I'll also forward to other TCs that may be
interested. Packages found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/email/archives/200601/msg00025.html

------
[start]

Jon,
This last week Stephen Green presented the UBL SBS ebBP and CPPA package to us. He has worked very hard with Sacha Schlegel to produce this work, and we commend them for their efforts. Today, the ebBP team discussed how this work:
a. Shows how UBL, UBL SBS, ebBP, CPPA and ebMS may be used effectively together.
b. Provides modular process definitions as standard building blocks to develop more detailed process definitions (using the mechanism to include packages) and complex collaborations. This is a very important step that provides flexibility for interested user communities - whereby they can add more capabilities and functionality (of standard business processes and business documents) in an iterative fashion given their evolving needs. As Stephen put it, it allows a 'dating game' between potential partners.
c. Shows CPA based on the ebBP process definition. This functionality has been tested with two software products and performed well per Sacha Schlegel.

This work along with other activities to develop an ebBP template profile in ebXML IIC and the editor work from freebxmlbp are very important steps to serve our user community. Our TC today asked that I contact you to indicate that we will include this package on the ebxml-bp web site along with other examples in a working package for communities to freely download and use.  That should be completed before the end of January 2006.

ebBP team wishes to thank Stephen for his work with our TC, and the collaboration with UBL. I believe the combination of capabilities will be important to enabling our respective user communities. We look forward to this work also being a part of the UBL SBS package.

Note: I only have limited email access on sun.net so I am sending this to a limited set of players.  I will send this notice and any other information relevant to notify ebMS, ebxml-dev, CPPA, ebBP and UBL when the packages are posted. If I need to give more relevant details when this posting is made, Stephen, Dale et al please let me know.  Dale, can you please forward this to Sacha Schlegel. Thank you.

[end]