Subject: ebbp 5/23/2006: Progress or Plans with ebBP with IHE!

Encouraging news from METU!
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Monica,

Thank you for your email and your encouragement.
We are indeed working on enhancing
IHE Profiles with ebBP support since we are using IHE Profiles
as the infrastructure of our Saphire Project
(http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/projects/saphire/).
Also IHE Profiles are on the agenda of the RIDE Project
(http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/projects/ride/)
as a possible way of achieving interoperability among
healthcare systems.

For this purpose, we are working on:
1. Producing ebBP v2.0 definitions  of IHE Profiles
2. Grouping IHE Actors graphically and producing the collaborative
ebBP 2.0 definition automatically
3. Facilitating the configuration management  in IHE by
storing the some of the configuration information in Collaborative
Partner Profiles (CPPs).

I hope to have the final version of the paper together with its
supporting software ready within a month. We intend to make
the supporting software public domain since our projects are
supporting by EU Public funding, more specifically with the
eHealth Unit of the European Commission
(http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/health/index_en.htm).

Best regards,

Asuman

Monica J. Martin wrote:
> Asuman,
> We'd greatly appreciate feedback from you on whether more work will be
> done on the freebxmlbp tool and IHE / health care supporting in using
> ebBP. We are working hard to get to OASIS Standard and that means
> successful usage and examples for user communities. Will the white
> paper be updated for ebBP v2.0.x?
>
> We feel part of our success is due to your efforts with your team.  We
> look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Professor Asuman Dogac             email: asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr
WWW: http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/~asuman/
Director                           Phone: +90 (312) 210 5598, or
Software R&D Center                       +90 (312) 210 2076
Department of Computer Eng.        Fax: +90 (312) 210 5572
Middle East Technical University        +90 (312) 210 1259
06531 Ankara Turkey                      skype: adogac

--- End Message ---