Subject: UPDATED - TC Get Out the Vote Details (and supporting User CommunityUpdate) for ebBP to OASIS Standard

Corrected email address for Dale Moberg. Sorry!

As we discussed in today's call, I indicated I'd provide a brief
overview of standard vote and our efforts to encourage a successful
result.  See:

   * Get Out the Vote Draft
   * User Community Update
   * Get Out the Vote Efforts (for selected voting members)

Augument as you deem appropriate in your contacts. Thanks.

==========================================================================================================

Get Out the Vote Draft
======================================
OASIS ebBP v2.0.4 Goes to OASIS Standard Vote -- Approved as an an OASIS
Committee Specification and with the required certifications, the ebBP
v2.0.4 packages are on the path to OASIS Standard. We are also actively
working within OASIS and with other interested user communities in Asia,
United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands on process definitions to
support eBusiness and collaborating partners.

We encourage you as a voting organizational member to support ebBP and
its goals to achieve OASIS Standard and advance to ISO as part of the
ISO-15000 set.  The OASIS Standard vote is set for 16-30 November 2006.
(notice at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200611/msg00000.html).

The permanent location for the v2.04 packages are found at:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.4/

ebBP v2.0.4 involves significant changes to support eBusiness, including
(a few):

   * Enables concrete or extensible business transaction patterns and
     operational semantics
   * Accommodates changing role values with role mappings
   * Allows for semantic information to specialize business processes
   * Enables the use of hybrid, ebXML or Web Services in the business
     message exchange

The ebXML Business Process TC has consolidated a wealth of information
relevant to our user communities at our public web site at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-bp.

ebBP is also in the news:

  1. METU has provided an updated ebBP Editor Tool. See:
     http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=154705. Their cumulative
     efforts are important to eHealth and to the domain of business
     process in general. Congratulations to METU and to your
     counterparts in the EC!
  2. We've now posted sample Japanese process definitions from JEITA
     (see public web site above).
  3. ebBP and the framework ebXML technologies were recently featured
     at Linux World.
  4. More is to come too from Object Management Group as ebBP has
     contributed to their work on Business Process Definition Metamodel
     (BPDM) and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN). The
     experience around and requirements for choreography and business
     collaboration from ebBP experts has positively received by those
     groups. As their work evolves, so will the functionality to
     support our primary areas of interest.

All referenced information and more is available on our public web site
that includes:

   * Frequently Asked Questions
   * ebBP Overview
   * Sample process definitions such as those from UBL SBS, Italian
     knit wear, CPP/A negotiation, and JEITA
   * Business signal examples
   * Links to the current ebBP editor

We encourage you to check out our public web site and keep abreast of
our progress made thus far.  For those using or interested in using
ebBP, please contact Dale Moberg and myself (particularly if you are an
OASIS member!).

Finally, we appreciate your support in advancing ebBP v2.0.4 to OASIS
Standard in the vote 16-30 November 2006. Thank you.

Respectfully,
Dale Moberg, dmoberg@us.axway.com
Monica J. Martin, monica.martin@sun.com
and the ebBP team

OASIS ebXML Business Process TC (ebBP)

User Community Update
OASIS ebBP v2.0.4 Goes to OASIS Standard Vote -- Approved as an an OASIS
Committee Specification and with the required certifications, the ebBP
v2.0.4 packages are on the path to OASIS Standard. We are also actively
working within OASIS and with other interested user communities in Asia,
United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands on process definitions to
support eBusiness and collaborating partners.

Voting members of OASIS are being encouraged to support ebBP and its
goals to achieve OASIS Standard and advance to ISO as part of the
ISO-15000 set.  The OASIS Standard vote is set for 16-30 November 2006.
(notice at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200611/msg00000.html).

The permanent location for the v2.04 packages are found at:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.4/ [1]

The ebBP v2.0.4 involves significant changes to support eBusiness,
including (short list):

[...]

Finally, we appreciate your support and interest in ebBP. We encourage
you to contact your OASIS counterparts to encourage a successful OASIS
Standard vote. Our success is largely due to the participation and
support of user communities. Thank you!

Respectfully,
Dale Moberg, dmoberg@us.axway.com
Monica J. Martin, monica.martin@sun.com
and the ebBP team

OASIS ebXML Business Process TC (ebBP)

[1] As no substantive changes were made in v2.0.3 and there are
implementations, see v2.0.3 at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.3/

Agreed Get Out the Vote Efforts: Includes organizational members not
associate or individual members.

   * Monica A-E
   * David E-L
   * Sacha M-O
   * Dale R-S
   * Sally T-Z

Per McRae and McGrath (OASIS), all organizational members for voting are
found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/members/roster.php