Subject: ebBP version 2.0 question concerning isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired (from Andreas Schonberger with permission)

1.      Delivery guarantees for BusinessSignals

The ebBP standard states on page 49 that isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired concerns both, the exchange of BusinessDocuments AND ALSO the exchange of BusinessSignals:
If the sending party was not guaranteed that its message or in particular signal reached the intended recipient, it could never be sure that the other party’s state is aligned with its own state.
BUT: On page 73 the standard only sets isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired into relation with BusinessDocuments:
The parameter isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired at the Business Transaction level states whether guaranteed delivery of the transaction Business Documents is required.
IMHO: It should be required also for business signals as state alignment cannot be guaranteed otherwise. (pointed out on page 49)

A reason for this would-be incosistency in the standard could be that the isGuaranteedMessageDeliveryRequired attribute on page 49 and the isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired attribute on page 73 do not denote the same thing.
If so, then the difference may be could be clarified as I couldn't find out what the difference is. In not, then isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired on page 72 (IMHO) should also be related to BusinessSignals and maybe there should be only either  isGuaranteedMessageDeliveryRequired or  isGuaranteedDeliveryRequired in the standard.

(from Andreas Schönberger from the University of Bamberg, Germany.

I am a scientific assistant at the Distributed and Mobile Systems Group and one of my research topics is B2B integration)